Basil, Dark Purple Opal
- 90 Days, 16-18"
- AAS winner 1962, this basil was developed at the University of Connecticut in the 50’s
- Bred for it’s beautiful appearance and culinary uses
- Vibrant foliage is a deep lilac that shifts to a dark orchid in bright sunlight
- Beautiful magenta flowers
- This is a must have in any herbal or kitchen garden
- Preserve in vinegar for the winter season to create a tangy and beautifully rose colored Opal Vinegar that is considered a gourmet ingredient in fine cooking